The State Championship will include these side matches: (Check back to see if we add more!)
Bolt-Action Military Match (BAMM) – This will be a three-stage match.
- RIFLES: Any properly functioning, safe to shoot, center-fire bolt-action rifle issued by any country for use as a battle rifle is welcome. Original military as issued, no sporters. Only iron sights will be allowed. Slings, bayonets and stripper clips allowed.
- HANDGUNS: To include but not limited to: 1911, Luger, Broomhandles, and revolvers such as the 1917, Webleys, Enfields, Victory revolvers, Nater) rounds, Handguns – 40 rounds; Rifles – lead bullets only, gas checks okay. Moderate muzzle velocities, 1400 fps max; Handgun – lead bullets only, 1000 fps max.
- TARGETS: Rifle targets at 75 yards; handgun at 10 yards.
- STAGING: rifle and handgun will be staged on table, no holsters necessary.
- POSITION: Off-hand
- COSTUMING: There are no costuming requirements, but military uniforms will earn you style points.
Speed Matches – Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun
Cowboy Clays – 5 shots from each of three positions.
Schuetzen Plaque – One shot with your match rifle at a wood plaque placed at an unknown distance. The shooter who hits closest to the SASS Marshall’s badge wins the plaque to take home. Charge $2.00 – Proceeds go to the SASS Scholarship Fund.
Long-Range Matches: All Long-Range Matches will be shot on the BHS range.
Long Range Shooting Side Match – 4 Categories Bay 1
Rifles: (1) Single Shot Rifle, (2) Rifle Caliber Lever Gun and NEW CATEGORY (3) Trapdoor all .38 cal. & larger
NEW CATEGORY (4) .22 Single Shot Rifle (No modern style lever or bolt action rifles)
Whichever gun you are competing with you will be allowed 3 sighter rounds at each target for sight adjustments before shooting for score.
Total 10 rounds; Largest target 4 shots, Center and Smallest Targets 3 shots each.
Each category will be scored by a) total hits, b) most hits on the smallest target. In the event of a tie, a shoot-off for the most consecutive hits on the smallest target will take place.
Targets may be shot kneeling, sitting, offhand or using cross sticks.
For more information please call Prairie Daisy & Bodie Camp (406) 883-6797
Pocket Pistol/Derringer (Hosted by May B. Shecann and Johnny Pinebox)
.22 Rimfire – 10 rifle rounds at swinger plates and 5 handgun rounds at steel targets.